Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I am 31 now!


August 12th, this day has been very special day for me, not only it is my birthday but it is also my parents wedding anniversary. And few years back Chris and I made it more special to have our own wedding on this day. So it is also our wedding anniversary, too.
I am not afraid to get old even I was a kid, I was always excited to get old. I feel there is more to learn, experience as I get older and I am looking forward for all the exciting adventures waiting for me. So turning 31 is actually kinda exciting....! I am exciting for my 30s. I started early to be very independent. I was 15 years old when I left my parents house, to go to another country to learn everything new from scratch. Then I got married when I was 22.....(well I wish I waited a little longer this part..but oh well!) and had two beautiful girls by age 28. So to me, hard part is kind of over (the part to start a family), no sweat looking for a perfect man, or worry about my clock ticking to have some babies. I have been desperate to find out what to do with my talent or find out my purpose in life past a couple of years, but I am coming in peace with this lately.
Maybe because I am going back to school which made me confident to staying in the path I want to take to next level. Maybe because I kind of know something new and exciting will happen in my 30's. I don't know I am just so excited!
I am so happy to have such a wonderful circle of friends and family who celebrated my birthday with me yesterday! My man Chris and girls baked me a cake a night before, it was yummy yummy. And they got me cards and a champagne. And I got phone calls, e-mails, hand made cards and another yummy desert from friends. Nothing big happened, but it was nice quiet happy day yesterday. Thank you to all my friends who wished me happy birthday, it meant so much to me! I love you all.

5 comments:

Gross Clan said...

Happy b-day again. I forgot it was your wedding anniversary too! Sorry we didn't call...rough day yesterday. We'll try today! Ellie sang happy birthday to you yesterday, even if you didn't hear it! Looks like a yummy cake -- good job girls and daddy! Love you!

nao-chan said...

Happy Birthday!! Maybe sometime near future we should celebrate our birthdays together!! Glad you had a special day with the girls and daddy!!

Keil Fam said...

Chris, you're awesome! So thoughtful of him to have the girls help him bake a cake for mommy :-)

The boys really enjoyed hanging out with your girls in Utah. Maybe one day we'll see you out here on your way back home?

Gillman said...

Wow Nanako!! My anniversary is August 13 and so is Jake's parents. Crazy!!! Happy B Day and anniversary! Love ya, Carrie.

punknani said...

To Gross clan,
Thank you! I wish I could hear Ellie singing me a birthday song, but I can imagine her doing it!

To Nao-chan
Thanks girl! I know we have to get together someday soon and have a party!!!

To Erin Keil
Well Chris did a very good job with girls. He is good for something...! Just kidding! ;-)
I saw the pics of boys on facebook, I hope they are enjoying Hawaii. Fairen had such a good time with boys, and still remembers their names and talks about them. Someday soon we will come to visit you all in Hawaii!!

To Carrie
August is the best!! Ok, someday we should get together in August and have one big party for our happy occasions!! Love ya,too!